Total time required to view all videos and complete required tasks in English: 30 minutes. Please note that we have included videos and links to resources also available in Spanish.
1. View the mandatory pre-course briefing
In this pre-course briefing, we review:
- Who we are
- Checklist: are you ready?
- Schedule review
- Overview of your main project (case study)
Pre-course briefing in English (17 minutes)
Pre-course briefing in Spanish (37 minutes)
Additional information about course prerequisites (experience, technology, language, and other requirements of the course) is available in the Q&A sessions:
- Download Q&A session presentation (PDF) English Español
- View Q&A session video recording English Español
- Download Q&A session video recording English Español
2. Discover the two web sites you will use in this course.
In this course, we will be primarily using two web sites as tools to support learning:
- Scholar is the course web site where we will be working together. You can work in Scholar at any time, from anywhere.
- GoToTraining is the software that we will use to meet once a week for the Thursday discussion groups.
3. Register for a Thursday discussion group
You are required to participate in one of the three Thursday discussion groups. Each discussion takes no more than 30 minutes. If you have a legitimate reason for absence, you will be provided with the session recording.
Use the links below to check the time in your location and to register for one of the weekly sessions.
|Discussion group||Registration link||Meeting dates||Meeting time||Training ID|
|Group A||Register for Group A||6, 13, 20, 27 October||0700 Geneva (check time)||620-325-868|
|Group B||Register for Group B||6, 13, 20, 27 October||2000 Geneva (check time)||673-212-060|
|Grupo de debate (español)||Register for Grupo de debate||6, 13, 20, 27 October||0700 Panamá (check time)||899-617-100|
You only need to register once. You will then receive automatic notifications 1 week, 1 day, and 1 hour before each session. You can also join a different session, if needed.
4. Create your account in Scholar
Once you have viewed the pre-course briefing, you should create your account in Scholar. Click here to start the registration in Scholar…
Create your account in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
- We recommend that you write down the Given Name, Surname, and Username for future reference.
- You will need to recall both the E-mail you used to register and the Password you created every time you log into Scholar.
- Click on Create Account only after you have ensured that you will be able to recall both Username and Password.
5. Join the #Ambulance! Community in Scholar.
After you have created your account in Scholar, you need to join the #Ambulance! Community.
Join the #Ambulance! Community in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
6. Once you are in Scholar, introduce yourself to the Community.
Introduce yourself to the #Ambulance! Community in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
Once you have completed this step, please note:
- From this point on, everything you need will be found in Scholar.
- You will receive e-mail from Scholar (via email@example.com) to notify you when new updates and comments are posted in the Community.
- Only the Thursday discussion groups takes place outside of Scholar.
Tip: Please note that there are many short videos available through the screen above. Click in the top left of the video viewer, on the three white horizontal bars with the tiny white arrow, as shown below.
You may also access the #Ambulance! Crew Course folder. In this Dropbox folder, you will find all of the materials used in the course. This includes the tutorial videos available for download.
Still need help?
If you still require assistance, please contact the #Ambulance! support team by using the form below.