Total time required to view all videos and complete required tasks in English: 30 minutes. Please note that we have included videos and links to resources also available in Spanish and Arabic.
Here is a message from the #Ambulance! Team about Orientation Week. (Spanish captions are available.)
Discover the two web sites you will use in this course.
In this course, we will be primarily using two web sites as tools to support learning:
- Scholar is the course web site where we will be working together. You can work in Scholar at any time, from anywhere.
- GoToTraining is the software that we will use to meet once a week for the three discussion groups.
1. Register for one of the three discussion groups
You are required to participate in one of the three discussion groups. Each discussion takes no more than 30 minutes. If you have a legitimate reason for absence, you will be provided with the session recording.
Use the links below to check the time in your location and to register for one of the weekly sessions.
|Discussion group||Registration link||Meeting dates||Meeting time||Training ID|
|Red Team||Register for Red Team||6, 13, 20, 27 September; 4 October||0700 Geneva (check time)||470-864-348|
|Blue Team||Register for Blue Team||6, 13, 20, 27 September; 4 October||2000 Geneva (check time)||870-351-900|
|Grupo de debate (español)||Register for Grupo de debate||6, 13, 20, 27 September; 4 October||0700 Panamá (check time)||874-521-116|
You only need to register once. You will then receive automatic notifications 1 week, 1 day, and 1 hour before each session. You can also join a different session, if needed.
2. Create your account in Scholar
Click here to start the registration in Scholar… This is the single most important step that you need to complete!
Video: Create your account in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
- When signing into Scholar, please verify that your device is not auto-capitalizing the first letter of your user name or password.
- We recommend that you write down the Given Name, Surname, and Username for future reference.
- You will need to recall both the E-mail you used to register and the Password you created every time you log into Scholar.
- Click on Create Account only after you have ensured that you will be able to recall both Username and Password.
3. Join the #Ambulance! (2017) Community in Scholar.
After you have created your account in Scholar, you need to join the #Ambulance! Community.
- Everyone is required to join the global #Ambulance! community.
Tip: Use your web browser to create a bookmark for the #Ambulance! Community. You will need to check the Community for Updates on a regular basis (usually once a day).
Video: Join the #Ambulance! Community in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
4. Once you have joined the Community, introduce yourself.
Video: Introduce yourself to the #Ambulance! Community in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
Once you have completed this step, please note:
- From this point on, everything you need will be found in Scholar.
- You will receive e-mail from Scholar (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify you when new updates and comments are posted in the Community.
- Only the discussion groups takes place outside of Scholar.
In the short video below, the #Ambulance! Crew’s Michael Bradfield explains why it is worth going through these steps.
Additional support resources
Tip: Please note that there are many short videos in English, Spanish, and Arabic available through the screens below. Click in the top left of the video viewer, on the three white horizontal bars with the tiny white arrow, as shown below.
You may also access the #Ambulance! Crew Course folder. In this Dropbox folder, you will find all of the materials used in the course. This includes the tutorial videos available for download.
Additional support and video tutorials in English
Additional support and video tutorials in Spanish
Additional support and video tutorials in Arabic
Still need help?
If you still require assistance, please contact the #Ambulance! support team by using the form below.