Total time required to view all videos and complete required tasks in English: 30 minutes.
1. View the mandatory pre-course briefing
Download the pre-course briefing presentation (PDF, 731Kb)
[Pre-course briefing video]
If you are unable to view the YouTube video, please download the pre-course briefing video Download
2. Discover the three web services that you will use in this course.
In this course, we will be primarily using three web services as tools to support learning:
- Scholar is the course web site where we will be working together. You can work in Scholar at any time, from anywhere.
- GoToTraining is the software that we will use to meet once a week for the Thursday discussion groups.
- WhatsApp is the messaging application that we will use to support you throughout the module. Click here to join our WhatsApp group…
3. Register for a Thursday discussion group
You are required to participate in one of the Thursday discussion groups. Each session will require 60 minutes. If you have a legitimate reason for absence, you will be provided with the session recording.
Use the links below to
- review the session dates
- check the time in your location and
- register for one of the weekly sessions.
|Date and time||Registration link||Training ID|
You only need to register once. You will then receive automatic notifications 1 week, 1 day, and 1 hour before each session.
4. Create your account in Scholar
Once you have viewed the pre-course briefing, you should create your account in Scholar. Click here to start the registration in Scholar…
Download the step-by-step guide to create your account and register in Scholar’s #Ambulance! Community
Create your account in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
- We recommend that you write down the Given Name, Surname, and Username for future reference.
- You will need to recall both the E-mail you used to register and the Password you created every time you log into Scholar.
- Click on Create Account only after you have ensured that you will be able to recall both Username and Password.
5. Join the WHO Survey Scholar Module 1 Community in Scholar.
After you have created your account in Scholar, you need to join the WHO Survey Scholar Module 1 Community.
Join the Community in Scholar (3:35) Download video file (MP4, 39.7 MB)
[INSERT VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE]
6. Once you are in Scholar, let us know by sending us a message in WhatsApp.
Use this link to join the Survey Scholar Whatsapp group
7. Congratulations, you have finished onboarding!
Once you have completed this step, please note:
- From this point on, everything you need will be found in Scholar.
- You will receive e-mail from Scholar (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify you when new updates and comments are posted in the Community.
- Only the Thursday discussion groups takes place outside of Scholar.
You may also access the Survey Scholar Module resource folder. In this Dropbox folder, you will find all of the materials used in the course. This includes the tutorial videos available for download.
Still need help?
If you still require assistance, please contact the Survey Scholar support team by using the form below.