There are five steps required to “onboard” (prepare) for the course.
You are encouraged to complete these steps before the course starts on 16 October 2017.
We estimate that these steps typically require less than 30 minutes to complete.
1. Discover the three web services that you will use in this course.
In this course, we will be primarily using three web services as tools to support learning:
- Scholar is the course web site where we will be working together. You can work in Scholar at any time, from anywhere. See Steps 3 and 4 below.
- GoToTraining is the software that we will use to meet once a week for the weekly discussion group and other events. See step 2 below.
- WhatsApp is the messaging application that we will use to support you throughout the module. Click here to join the WHO GRISP applicants WhatsApp group… (Note: this group is different from the applicants’ group.)
2. Register for the Wednesday discussion group and two special events
Click here to register… (If you will be connecting from a mobile device, you will need to use Training ID: 445-521-244)
You only need to register once. You will then receive automatic notifications 1 week, 1 day, and 1 hour before each session.
You are required to participate in the weekly discussion group every Wednesday at 15h00 Geneva (check time) on these dates: 30 August; 6, 13, 20, 27 September; 4 October.
Each session will require your active participation and attention for a duration of 60 minutes. If you have a legitimate reason for absence, you will expected to view the recording of the discussion and complete a catch-up task.
In addition, we currently have two special events scheduled:
- On 5 September 2017 at 15h00 Geneva (check time), we will host a workshop on sample size calculation.
- On 11 October 2017 at 15h00 Geneva (check time), we will hold a Commencement Event to award certificates for Module 1.
3. Create your account in Scholar
We recommend that you view the video tutorials before completing Steps 3 (account creation) and 4 (joining the community).
Download the step-by-step guide to create your account and join the Community (PDF)
Click here to begin creating your account in Scholar in Scholar…
- We recommend that you write down the Given Name, Surname, and Username for future reference.
- You will need to recall both the E-mail you used to register and the Password you created every time you log into Scholar.
- Click on Create Account only after you have ensured that you will be able to recall both Username and Password.
Create your account in Scholar (3:16) Download video file (MP4, 18.3 MB)
Complete your personal profile in Scholar (1:40) Download video file (MP4, 9 MB)
4. Join the Community in Scholar for this Module.
After you have created your account in Scholar, you need to join the Scholar Community for this Module.
You will need to be logged into Scholar to complete these steps.
- Click here to view the Community…
- Click on the button in the left-hand menu.
- Bookmark the link to the Community in your browser.
Join the Community in Scholar (1:32) Download video file (MP4, 3.3 MB)
- Once you are in Scholar, send us a message in WhatsApp.
Use this link to join the Survey Scholar Whatsapp group reserved for course participants. Please note that this is a different group from the one that is open to all applicants.
6. Congratulations, you have finished onboarding!
Once you have completed this step, please note:
- From this point on, everything you need will be found in Scholar.
- You will receive e-mail from Scholar (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify you when new updates and comments are posted in the Community.
- Only the Wednesday discussion groups takes place outside of Scholar.
Still need help?
If you still require assistance, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before you contact the Survey Scholar support team by using the form below.