These instructions should only be used by participants invited to participate by the World Health Organization and who attended or viewed the pre-course briefing (30 minutes). (If you attended the briefing, you do not need to watch the recording below.)
Download the slide deck for the pre-course briefing (12 MB, PDF)
This page contains the onboarding instructions for the course ‘Vaccination coverage survey indicators: analysis and interpretation’ based on WHO Survey Scholar Module A3 (June 2018).
Please view this brief presentation of the course by Dr Carolina Danovaro at the World Health Organization headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
There are five steps required to “onboard” (prepare) for the course.
- You are encouraged to complete these steps before the course starts on 11 June 2018.
- We estimate that these steps typically require less than 30 minutes to complete.
1. Discover the three web services that you will use in this course.
In this course, we will be primarily using three web services as tools to support learning:
- Scholar is the course web site where we will be working together. You can work in Scholar at any time, from anywhere. See Steps 3 and 4 below.
- GoToTraining is the software that we will use to meet once a week for the weekly discussion group and other events. See step 2 below.
- WhatsApp is the messaging application that we will use to support you throughout the module.
2. Register for either the PASTEUR (Wednesday) or JENNER (Thursday) discussion group
Your attendance in one of two discussion groups is a certification requirement.
- These groups will meet each week on Wednesday (PASTEUR) and Thursday (JENNER).
- Each group has a limited capacity of up to 200 registered participants.
Register for the PASTEUR weekly discussion group:
- The PASTEUR group meets every Wednesday at 15h00 Geneva (check time) on these dates: 6, 13, 20, 27 June; 4, 11, 18, 25 July.
- Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/7864047302055267074
- If you will be connecting from a mobile device, you will need to use Training ID: 188-313-340)
OR Register for the JENNER weekly discussion group:
- The JENNER group meets every Thursday at 15h00 Geneva (check time) on these dates: 7, 14, 21, 28 June; 5, 12, 19, 26 July.
- Registration link: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/9119724765562065922
- If you will be connecting from a mobile device, you will need to use Training ID: 551-693-740)
You only need to register once. You will then receive automatic notifications 1 week, 1 day, and 1 hour before each session.
Each session will require your attention and active participation for a duration of 60 minutes. (An optional technical support session will also be offered at the end of each discussion group.)
Absentees will be removed from the group. If you have a legitimate reason for not being able to attend the discussion group, you need to complete three tasks.
- Complete the legitimate absence request form.
- View the session recording once it is available (usually within 24-48 hours after the group meets).
- Complete the catch-up task for that week.
Following completion of the catch-up task, you will then be able to re-register to rejoin the group the following week.
3. Create your account in Scholar
NOTE: If you already have an account in Scholar, please log into Scholar using your existing account. Then skip to Step 4 below.
We recommend that you view the video tutorials before completing Steps 3 (account creation) and 4 (joining the community).
Click here to begin creating your account in Scholar…
- When signing into Scholar, please verify that your device is not auto-capitalizing the first letter of your user name or password.
- We recommend that you write down the Given Name, Surname, and Username for future reference. Note: Your Given Name and Surname are the ones that will appear on your certificate. Capitalize only the first letter of your first name and last name.
- You will need to recall both the E-mail you used to register and the Password you created every time you log into Scholar.
- Click on Create Account only after you have ensured that you will be able to recall the E-mail, Username, and Password. (Be careful with capitalization as Scholar will not recognize your user information if you change or add capital letters.)
Create your account in Scholar (3:16) Download video file (MP4, 18.3 MB)
Once you have created your account in Scholar, you will need to sign in to create your profile.
This requires you to share information about yourself and post a short “Update” (like a blog post) to introduce yourself.
Complete your personal profile in Scholar (1:40) Download video file (MP4, 9 MB)
4. Join the Community in Scholar for this Module.
After you have created your account in Scholar, you need to join the Scholar Community for this Module.
You will need to be logged into Scholar to complete these steps.
- Click here to view the Community…
- Click on the button in the left-hand menu.
- You will need to wait until an administrator approves your request. This can take up to 24 hours. Please be patient.
- Bookmark the link to the Community in your browser.
5. Once you are in Scholar, send us a message in WhatsApp.
Use these links to join either the PASTEUR or JENNER Survey Scholar Whatsapp groups reserved for course participants.
Send us a message to let us know that you have completed onboarding.
IMPORTANT: Do not share the link to join this group with anyone else. This group is reserved for course participants selected by WHO. It is a different group from the applicants’ group.
6. Congratulations, you have finished onboarding!
Once you have completed this step, please note:
- From this point on, everything you need will be found in Scholar.
- You will receive e-mail from Scholar (via email@example.com) to notify you when new Updates and comments are posted in the Community.
- Only the weekly discussion groups takes place outside of Scholar.
Still need help?
If you still require assistance, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) compiled for the 2017 course before you contact the Survey Scholar support team by using the form below.