The Geneva Learning Foundation is pleased to invite you to the workshop we are organizing during the World Summit for the Information Society (WSIS).
- Topic: The digital transformation of learning, education, and training for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- When: Monday, 12 June 2017 9h – 10h45
- Where: ITU Tower Room C2, Geneva, Switzerland
- How to participate: in person (WSIS registration required) or remotely (instructions will be shared with those who register their interest).
- Hash tags: Please use #DigitalScholar and #WSIS2017
WSIS, organized by four agencies of the United Nations, represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for development’ community.
SDG Target 4.7 aims to ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development. For most if not all global organizations, it is a major challenge to scale up their education and other capacity-building efforts. The workshop will explore new ways to harness digital learning toward this goal.
Following the WSIS workshop, the Geneva Learning Foundation will launch a new #DigitalScholar initiative focused on capacity-building at scale. By confirming your interest in the WSIS workshop (even if you are unable to attend), you will receive an invitation to the online briefing that will explain and launch this new initiative.
Please RSVP no later than 5 June 2017 by completing the form below. (You will need to also register separately to participate in the overall WSIS event.)
Our aim is for the workshop to provide a small but significant stepping stone to building new partnerships between stakeholders with an interest in achieving SDG Goal 4.
Please share this invitation with peers and partners as widely as you like. (You will find convenient buttons to share on social media at the bottom of this page, below the form.)
Please complete this short form to confirm your interest